M. Lyon's Adventures

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Last day of school in Okinawa

Today was the last day of school in Okinawa for me on the JET Programme. After five years it is over. I am drenched in sweat from playing basketball with the 6th graders at one of my schools this afternoon while I am writing this. We just ate some popsicles which after the basketball in the gym tasted abosultely wonderful. I had two farewell ceremonies at two different schools this morning first and second period. At one they gave me a present of Shisa and a traffic safety sticker with Shisa and an Ishigatou on it. The other gave me some flowers. Most of the classes all wrote farewell letters to me as well. Hard to believe that it is all over. Five years flew by so fast full of wonderful memories along with the bad, but overall the good outweigh the bad. This has been one of the best experiences of my lifetime and I will never forget it. Ippei nihei debitan!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home